Tuesday, January 29, 2008

1-6-08 - Book # 6

Well today is Sunday and Bishop talked a lot about giving out the book of Mormon to the ward. Its interesting because it's kind of harder to give out a book on a Sunday because I don't go shopping or anything, so I don't have an opportunity to cross paths with many non-members. So tonight, I was headed home from my parents house, and I came to an intersection and the light was red. I looked over to my left and there was a guy in an older Jeep Cherokee, just him and his dog. I thought for a split second that he was the one that needed the book, but I brushed it off. Then I looked to the right and saw Craig Cuff sitting in his car. So I harassed him for a bit till he noticed it was me, then the light turned green so we left. Then I get to the next light which is where I have to turn right to keep heading toward my house. I looked behind me in the turn lane and realized that the guy in the Jeep was right behind me. The thought crossed my mind that I should run back and give it to him. But I brushed it off as well. The light turned green and we left again. Now we're both driving for a ways and I told myself at the next red light I was going to give it to him. I quickly wrote something in it while I was driving and as I looked up I noticed him turning right into a shopping center right by my house. So I quickly turned around and followed him. He pulled up to a smoke shop and I stopped behind him and waited for him to get out of his car. He got out and I got his attention by asking if he knew where a nearby street was. He told me it was down just a little further. Then I told him I had something for him, and showed him the book. I told him it was a book of Mormon and that I knew it would change his life. When I said book of Mormon he immediately said "Oh, I've got this book!" but then quickly said that he wants to keep this one. He seemed really nice. I asked him what his name was… but unfortunately I've forgotten it, but I do know his brothers name… When I introduced myself, he said, "That's my brother's name!". Inside of that book of Mormon I wrote a short testimony about how the book contains principles and teachings that will help him find true happiness, and that I knew the book was true. It's interesting how the Lord keeps putting these people in my path. It kind of makes me wonder how many other times they've been there and I've ignored the promptings, just like I did twice with this guy. I hope to NEVER let an opportunity pass me by, ever again.

No comments: