Tuesday, January 29, 2008

1-14-08 - Book # 14

Tonight was not too exciting. It was a night of overcoming a fear for me. For some reason I felt scared tonight when I was trying to find someone to share the book with. And when I found the guy I wanted to give it to, I almost didn't do it because of fear. Fear is not Godly, so I knew I had to put it aside. But that is REALLY hard to do sometimes! I went to the gas station on the way home, and saw a nice looking younger guy, maybe 30 or so, just finishing pumping his gas. He went inside after he finished, and I timed it just right so that I was walking in, just as he was walking out. I really felt scared for some reason, and the craziest part is that I didn't know why I felt scared! Well he came out, I was walking in, and I told him that I had a book I wanted to share with him. I handed him the book of mormon and he kept getting into his car. I kinda kept going the other way and as I was walking about asked if he had ever heard of the book of mormon, he said "sure, why not." and got in the car. Tonight was definitely a teaching moment to myself to help me overcome fear. Stinkin satan really knows how to get us at our weak spots and it really is a constant battle to stay on top of it. I don't know what will happen with that book, but it's now in the hands of a non-member so hopefully someday, somebody down the line will pick it up and start to read it. I know it will bless their life.

No comments: