Tuesday, January 29, 2008

1-3-08 - Book # 3

So this one was a little different. I had previously decided that tonight I was going to give the book of mormon to someone who lived with in the boundries of the Centennial Hills ward and who looked like they were single. So I went to Ross over in that area. I shopped around for a bit, picked out some pants and shoes and a shirt and tie combo, then when I was checking out, there was a girl behind me who looked like the perfect candidate to receive a copy of the BOM. So since I checked out first, I went out to the truck and wrote in the book of mormon real fast something along the lines of "Hey there, I'm sorry if this is creepy, some stranger coming up to you in a dark parking lot, but I felt like I was supposed to give this to you. I know it will bless your life like it's blessed mine. Please check out the website, it has some great answers to some common questions that a lot of people have. Let me know if you have any questions." Soooo… I waited out in my car for a while, then she finally came outside. She was parked pretty close to me so when she was walking by I got out and said sorry for stopping her real fast. You could tell she was a little frieked out. Then I told her I don't want to be a creep, I just want to give her this book real quick then I'll take off. So I extended the book to her, she took it and said "oh you're mormon?" I said yeah and she told me that she had seen the book before. I said really? And she responded by saying, "uh yeah, I do live in vegas." What, like living in sin city and being a mormon go hand in hand? Heh heh… I didn't say that, but I thought it. I asked her if she's ever been to church. She said she hadn't, so I told her she should come sometime and that she'd really enjoy it. I jumped back in the truck and took off. Who knows what'll happen, but maybe if that book doesn't touch her, it'll touch someone else. Pretty cool.

No comments: