Tuesday, January 29, 2008

1-20-08 - Book # 20

Tonight was crazy, I got rejected twice! I didn't let the second guy go away empty handed though. So it all started off because today in church I told the elders quorum that out of the previous 20 books I had given out, not one person wasn't accepting. I guess I just needed to learn my lesson a little. So Danielle and I went out to find someone tonight. We drove over to the wal-mart parking lot and I say a guy walking with his two boys. So I think the first problem was that I was still in church clothes. So they for sure thought I was a missionary. I jumped out of the car and said, "How ya doin?" and he totally answered me just like people used to do it on the mission, "I'm good" while he's looking the other way and trying to get in his car as soon as possible. I was a ways away still and didn't want to let him get away so I said, "Just real quick I wanted to give you something." And he yelled, "no thanks". So I insisted that it was just a book and that it would bless his life. And he said, "No, I don't want anything" and got into his car. Ouch. No good. So I got back in the car with Danielle and we took off to find someone else. We pulled up to a gas station and there was a guy filling up water bottles. I decided to go talk to him, and I was barely able to get out that I wanted to give him something and he was already saying no. I insisted that it was his choice if he wanted to do anything with it, but that I still really wanted him to have it. He shrugged his shoulders and said "What the hell…." Funny that he'd say that while receiving a book of mormon. So today's lesson was don't get prideful. It's still hard and I need to make sure I don't start thinking that it is just anyone that can receive the book.

No comments: