Thursday, January 31, 2008

1-29-08 - Book # 29

Well tonight was a crazy night. I had school from 4-5:15, then I went back to work till about 8:30 when Danielle got out of her new teacher class. Then I went over to her house for about 30 minutes, then drove across town to Jeanine Taylors house to do home teaching. It went really good. This months lesson was on Christ being a bridge builder. There was a really cool poem in there about an old man… I think I'm going to go copy and paste it into here, I really liked it.


An old man, going a lone highway,

Came at the evening, cold and gray,

To a chasm, vast and deep and wide,

Through which was flowing a sullen tide.

The old man crossed in the twilight dim;

The sullen stream had no fears for him;

But he turned when safe on the other side

And built a bridge to span the tide.

"Old man," said a fellow pilgrim near,

"You are wasting strength with building here;

Your journey will end with the ending day;

You never again must pass this way;

You have crossed the chasm, deep and wide—

Why build you the bridge at the eventide?"

The builder lifted his old gray head:

"Good friend, in the path I have come," he said,

"There followeth after me today

A youth whose feet must pass this way.

This chasm that has been naught to me

To that fair-haired youth may a pitfall be.

He, too, must cross in the twilight dim;

Good friend, I am building the bridge for him.


Pasted from lds.org

Pretty cool message. It was given by Monson who is always an amazing story teller. He talked about how Christ has been through it all, and has made ways for all of us to get through any and all struggles we might have. It was really good. Well anywho, book of mormon story, after we were done there, I still had to give away the book. I was in a different part of town than I usually am, so it was good to have different stores to roam around. I decided to go to wal-mart and see if I could find anyone. While I was walking around the inside of the store I saw these two ladies, who looked maybe a little older than me, walking around. I didn't do anything about it and decided to leave the store without having found anyone. As I was walking out, it was like out of no where they were in front of me leaving the store too. Then to top it off, they had parked RIGHT by where I had parked, just two spots over. So I had to do it, while they were loading their stuff into the car I walked over and told them that I wanted to give them something. As I was handing it to the one girl, I told them it was a book of mormon. The other girl who I wasn't handing the book to said, oh I've got one of those. Then the girl I handed the book to said, "Oh, weird, tomorrow we're hanging out with a bunch of mormons." I asked her why she was doing that, and she said that her husband worked for a company that was mostly mormon. The other girl said that somehow she was related to Gordon Hinckley's grandson. It was kind of cool how they both had connections, so I told them to check out the website and to call me if they had any questions. They were really nice. Man, the church is GOOD!

No comments: