Tuesday, January 29, 2008

1-5-07 - Book # 5

Today I met my new friend Felipe. I was hanging out with Ross, Danielle and Emily (BFF), we went and saw the movie "The Great Debaters". I was thinking I would find someone there, but didn't feel it with anyone we saw. Well on the way home we stopped by Wal-mart, and I was hoping to give out the book there. But still no luck. Then we left the parking lot and just started driving. I saw a guy walking across Craig and decided he was the one. So I parked the car in the nearby parking lot and left everyone in the car and ran out to the street to talk to him. I walked out and said "what's up?" He said nothing and asked if I knew were the closest bus stop was. I told him I wasn't sure, but asked him where he was headed. He told me just down the street to Decatur. So I told him I could give him a ride. He jumped in the car and we took off. We small talked, introduced everybody, found out that he was from California and had lived her for 10 years. He has a wife, an 8 year old and a one year old, and his sister lives with them. Well then once we got closer I asked him if he was religious, he said yeah, but that he never went. He asked if we were religious so we told him that we were all mormon. He said he had some mormon friends and acted really cool about it all. Soon we pulled up to Wal-mart and said goodbye to him. He got out of the car, then I got out on the other side and told him that I had a something for him. I told him it was a book or mormon and that I knew it would bless his life. He seemed pretty excited about it. I told him my number was in the front and that he could call me if he had any questions. He said he would definitely "hit me up sometime". As we were pulling away, Danielle told me to tell him to read it in his hour long break he now has before he has to work since we got him there so early. So I yelled it out the window to him, he laughed. These books are going to touch someone's life, if not Felipe's then someone close to him.

No comments: